There are numerous ways out there to help keep your skin looking younger for longer. But even with a well-balanced diet, exceptional skincare routine, and plenty of water, it still seems that time eventually takes a toll. If you’re beginning to notice fine lines, wrinkles, or the loss of facial volume, facial fillers are an excellent solution. While neurotoxins, like highly popular product Botox®, are great for eliminating wrinkles by restricting muscle movements, dermal fillers are natural, synthetic, and stimulant substances that increase facial volume.
There are numerous types of facial fillers out there that it can be overwhelming to decide which one is right for you. To determine which one you should have all depends on your targeted area and desired results. In this short guide, we will discuss the popular types of facial fillers offered by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Zochowski at Zochowski Plastic Surgery in Columbus, OH.
What is a Facial Filler?
Dermal fillers are comprised of injectable hyaluronic acid (HA) gel. Hyaluronic acid is a compound naturally produces by the human body, where it aids in collagen production. When the HA gel is injected into the skin, it immediately adds volume around the treatment site while also helping to encourage the body’s production of collagen. This collagen will gradually improve the skin’s strength in the week following treatment. It can also make the skin tighter, smooth, and filler by attracting water molecules and retaining moisture.
Different Types of Facial Fillers
Dr. Zochowski offers several different fillers to help reach a range of aesthetic concerns. Some of the more popular fillers include:
- Restylane®: Restylane® is a relatively thick dermal filler composed of hyaluronic acid. Thicker fillers like Restylane® can be easily sculpted, allowing Dr. Zochowski the ability to reshape the patient’s features by adding more definition to the lips or nose.
- Thinner fillers such as Juvéderm® XC, Juvéderm® Voluma, Juvéderm® Volbella, and Juvéderm® Vollure are excellent for adding volume to larger areas.
What Can Dermal Fillers Treat?
Dr. Zochowski uses dermal fillers to treat a wide range of aesthetic issues, including:
- Acne Scars: Zochowski can inject dermal fillers into pitted scars, raising them and making them far less noticeable.
- Facial hollows: Dermal fillers are a great way to replace the loss in facial fat we experience as we get older, specifically under the cheeks and eyes. Dermal fillers add subtle volume to these areas.
- Wrinkles and fine lines: Facial fillers can also be injected into deep creases, like smile lines or deep forehead lines, and effectively fill them in so that they’re no longer visible. Some HA gels can also boost the skin’s production of collagen which can slow down or even stop of the return of wrinkles following repeated treatments.
Take Charge of Your Aging with Dermal Fillers in Columbus, OH
If you’re still unsure of which facial filler is best for you, call Zochowski Plastic Surgery at (614) 490-7500 or contact us through our website to speak with Dr. Zochowski about your personal aesthetic goals and ways you can achieve them. We look forward to meeting you soon!